LeftLion loves Nottingham music
Hello, Nottingham bands and artists. We’re LeftLion - the very font of all things cultural and Nottinghamian - and we'd very much like to give you a promotional krog on our multimedia
In case you didn't know, we have a bi-monthly newspaper with a circulation of 40,000 a constantly updated website, and a suite of monthly podcasts - and we’d like to get you involved in them. Read the following if you want in on the only media outlet in
TO GET FEATURED BY LEFTLION, YOU NEED TO BE A NOTTS BAND OR ARTIST. THAT MEANS:
* You are from Notts.
* Or you are based in Notts.
* Or you are studying in Notts.
* Or you are on a Notts-based record label.
* Or you have some obvious link to the Nottingham music scene
If you don’t meet any of those criteria, please don’t send anything to us. We can’t do nowt for you, duck.
Music reviews in LeftLion Magazine
HOW TO GET YOUR CDs REVIEWED
We have a page in every issue devoted to CD reviews, and we put nine Notts reviews in there every issue. We also put the reviews online too. Be warned that we always get sent more than nine, so we can't guarantee everyone a review. But if you fulfil the following criteria, then send us your tunes for consideration;
* You’re a Notts band or artist
* You’ve got something recent that’s bigger than just one song (ie, EP or LP)
* It’s available for people to get hold of either online or at gigs
* It’s good.
There are two ways to get your product to us;
By email – send us your stuff to firstname.lastname@example.org. It helps if it’s bundled up as a Zip or WinRAR file. And if it’s too big, get it too us it via www.yousendit.com – it’s easy to do.
By mail – post it to Reviews, LeftLion,
HOW TO INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF GETTING YOUR CDs REVIEWED
Because we all do LeftLion as a labour of love in our spare time, we’d really appreciate it if you could make our lives as easy as possible. So we’d also like the following;.
* An image of the cover, or a band pic (a JPEG is perfectly adequate, as longs as it’s bigger than 300x300 pixels.
* The release date, if it’s not out yet.
* Any info about the band you wish to pass on.
* A link to your website, MySpace or Facebook page.
* Information on any forthcoming gigs in
* And – most importantly – how our readers can buy your CD. Online? iTunes? At gigs? Even – gasp – in a real life shop?
Nusic - Nottingham unsigned music podcast
We’ve also got some podcasts on the go, and they all have a strict all-Notts policy – and we’d love you to send us tunes. Here are the details;
It’s easy: go to www.leftlion.co.uk/add, fill in all the relevant details, and not only will it be part of
Ta very much,