Notts Musical Family photo - a bit like this but with lots more people and portrait not landscape
Dearly beloved Nottingham music people,
As you will have noticed by now the covers of LeftLion magazine are something we take immense pride in. We don't really ever do a photo-shoot with a single artist and slap it on the cover; instead we commision what we think are great works of art. Have a look at some previous covers of LeftLion here to see what we mean.
Anyway, we've come up with an idea which we think will be one of the best cover images yet. And we want all members of the Notts musical family to be represented in it.
The Christmas (Dec-Jan) issue of LeftLion will contain a big focus on the local music scene. For the cover we want to gather together prominent members of the Nottingham music scene (from all genres) into a city centre space and take a photo of you all together - the equivalent of the current Notts music scene's 'high-school photo', if you will.
To be in this photo:
1) You need to be free and available on Tuesday 4th October from 6-8pm.
2) You need to have played at least one gig in Nottingham in the last 12months.
3) You need to have recorded at least one new piece of music in the last 12 months.
4) You need to email us on email@example.com with the following details:
- The name of your act/ band/ DJ name etc
- A phone number and email address we can contact you on
- The amount of people from your act you want to bring to be in the photo
- Details of the most recent gig you played (or are playing) in Nottingham
- Details of the most recent new piece of music you made
- Details of what you usually wear on stage (we'll want you dressed like this for the shoot).
- Details of another act who you feel some affinity to in Nottingham and would ideally stand next to during the shoot.
After you have sent this email you should receive an immediate auto-response email. Then we will contact you more formally after a week or two with more details about the photoshoot.
CLOSING DATE FOR ALL ENTRIES IS 5PM ON FRIDAY 16 SEPTEMBER 2011.
1) We hope to fit as many people as we can into this photo-shoot, but depending upon the level of applications some people may be unsucessful. No correspondence will be entered into about this.
2) If you represent more than one act or band please apply seperately for each one.
3) Applications from prominent people involved in the music scene but not as musicians (ie film-makers, photographers, promoters, managers, writers etc) will also be considered. Just put n/a in any of the categories above that don't apply to you when you apply.