It's official - this is the left lion
Here at LeftLion we have finally put to bed any myths about “which is the actual left lion.” It’s a question we’ve been asked countless times in the eight years since we started publishing work about the great creative culture of Nottingham.
The official answer – and let it be passed from now down to all future generations of Nottingham Culture lovers – is that it is the stone lion on the left as you look at it.
Nice, in't it?
Why this sudden decisiveness after eight years? Well, proper Nottingham people have always known. But, with the support of Nottingham City Council, we’ve decided to place a big banner above it; with a big pointy arrow that should finally put all the scurrilous rumours to bed. This banner went up on Monday 17 October and will be up for two weeks.
To celebrate this,we want you to take photos of the Market Square, with our banner (designed by Rob White and Nick Chaffe) in view. You can even be in it yourself, if you want, doing something odd: fancy dress, planking, nudity, gurning... all of this is encouraged. Or just take a beautiful shot of the Square in all it's glory.
From there you can either email your photo to us on firstname.lastname@example.org, post it on Twitter with @leftlion in the message or post a link on the wall of the LeftLion Facebook page in your photo.*
FIRST PRIZE - A night out in Hockley
- A meal for two at the lovely JamCafe, followed by two cinema tickets for a film of your choice at the Broadway Cinema (dates are flexible).
- Plus your photo will be published in the next issue of LeftLion Magazine.
RUNNERS UP PRIZES – Just The Tonic and Dog Is Dead tickets
- Two tickets for a night at Just The Tonic comedy club to see either Pat Monaghan and support (Sat 19 or Sun 27 November) or Will Smith and support (Fri 25-Sat 26 November)
- Two tickets to see Dog Is Dead at Rock City on Saturday 17 December
Competition prizes courtesy of Just The Tonic, Rock City, Broadway and JamCafe
Closing date for entries is 5pm on Tuesday 1 November 2011. After this our photography editor will choose a winning photo and two runners-up prizes. The winning photo will be published in LeftLion Magazine #44. All entries that are decent will be published in a gallery on this website.
* emailing or tagging us in your photo constitutes permission for us to post it in a gallery on LeftLion.co.uk and in assorted social media.