Ten weird facts about Elvis
By Roger Mean
1. Elvis had an identical twin brother named Garon, who died at birth. The Kings middle name (Aaron) was spelled Aron, in honor of his brother.
2. Before discovering Elvis, Manager Colonel Tom Parker's most notable success was 'Colonel Parkers Dancing Chickens', an act which involved persuading chickens to perform by sticking them on an electric hotplate.
3. There are estimated to be over 50,000 people in the world who make a living as Elvis impersonators. In the Islamic state of Mogadishu in Somalia it is illegal to impersonate Elvis without a beard.
4. Despite the millions he made while he was alive, accountants believe that had Elvis lived for another six months, he would have become bankrupt.
5. The first Presleyterian Church of Elvis the Divine was formed in the US in 1988. Among the Kings 31 Commandments is 'Thou shalt eat six meals a day'.
6. The King's favourite snacks included fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches, burnt bacon, lemon meringue pie and double decker cheeseburgers.
7. In the 1970's his kitchen was manned 24 hours a day and became busiest around 4.30am. As Elvis was usually off his face on barbiturates and tranquilizers, he would often fall unconscious while eating. His aides frequently had to reach into his throat to remove food and stop him choking to death.
8. Next to sex and gluttony, one of Elvis' favourite pastimes was visiting the Memphis morgue to check out the corpses.
9. According to Phyllis Callas from Memphis, Tennessee, Elvis has possessed her TV set. There is also a stain on her patio door in the image of the King. Elvis used to own her house at the beginning of the 1960's and it backs onto his Graceland estate. A local school for psychics performed an energy scan over the property and confirmed the Presley presence.
10. In Switzerland, it is illegal to mow your front lawn while you're dressed as Elvis.