Photo

Has anyone else had Itunes issues recently?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jonnybulldog

jonnybulldog

Advanced Member

• Podcasters
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • LocationNottingham mostly

Posted 07 December 2008 - 12:15 PM

I've noticed in the past month or so my itunes is playing up. When i'm playing tracks continuously they seem to stutter and freeze quite often. I thought perhaps it was something to do with my Laptop but after talking to a few guys i work with they seem to be having a similar problem. I was just wondering if anyone else was having this problem aswell.

Before the Itunes haters get on the band wagon and say how shit it is, apart from this i've never had a problem and i have spent alot of cash downloading stuff from the the Itunes store so i can't really change to another media playing device as the tracks i've bought won't work.

Posted Image

#2 Davey101

Davey101

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 04:47 PM

I've noticed in the past month or so my itunes is playing up. When i'm playing tracks continuously they seem to stutter and freeze quite often. I thought perhaps it was something to do with my Laptop but after talking to a few guys i work with they seem to be having a similar problem. I was just wondering if anyone else was having this problem aswell.

If it's happening during playback of locally stored tracks this would suggest there is something wrong with (1) the laptop, (2) the OS (Windows?) or (3) the iTunes installation. If it's 2 or 3 then you may need to reinstall but make sure you back up your licenses for the DRM "protected" stuff.

If other people are reporting a problem, maybe Apple have rolled out an update that helpfully breaks everything for you. If you wait then maybe there'll be another one along soon.

Before the Itunes haters get on the band wagon and say how shit it is, apart from this i've never had a problem and i have spent alot of cash downloading stuff from the the Itunes store so i can't really change to another media playing device as the tracks i've bought won't work.

No need for me to do that, you've made the case nicely yourself. :grin: Maybe you need to look for another store that lets you keep your purchases for longer than your next computer crash and lets you play them on players made by other companies. Other companies make them, you know.  :wink:

/rant