Join us for this season’s Adult Creative Skills course, to explore your creativity, socialise and learn interesting new ways to engage with our exhibitions.
Each week we will be exploring different artworks in our current ‘Still I Rise’ exhibition, focusing on sculptural and 3D pieces. Supported by associate artist Gill Brent, participants will have the opportunity to create their own sculptures using similar materials and processes to those the artists use in their practice.
The themes and subjects for each sessions will be partly led by the participants through the discussions that are generated in the group.
During these sessions, we aim to:
• Find out about the different and unusual ways artists work in 3D
• Experiment with a range of materials to create your own sculpture
• Experience some of the challenges making sculpture can present and how to overcome them
• Enhance your engagement with contemporary art and enjoyment of the exhibitions programme at Nottingham Contemporary
By participating in these sessions, you should be able to:
• Understand more about the language of sculpture and how different artists use it
• Learn about how different materials can be used to express ideas
• Find materials you prefer to work with so that you may continue at home
• Present your work to others
*Tailored to elder visitors, we offer a number of reduced rates for new participants over 55-years-old. Please contact [email protected] 0115 9489 787 to inquire about this offer.
£15 per session or £45 for the full course.
Wed 9 Jan, 10am – 1pm,
Wed 16 Jan, 10am – 1pm,
Wed 23 Jan, 1am – 1pm
Wed 30 Jan, 10am-1pm