There are few finer ways to spend an evening than strolling through the beautiful Deer Park of Wollaton Hall. But there are dark secrets hidden among the trees, sinister deeds to be revealed, a tragedy that led to a poor mother endlessly searching the lake.
This Ghost Walk brings in the stories of real encounters with the unexplained happenings of Wollaton Hall. Visit the lake, the Camellia House and the Doric Temple. Who is the Blue Lady who wanders around the gardens? What was the tragedy of 1858 which left a broken-hearted spirit endlessly searching the lake? In this tour there will be no gimmicks or fancy dress. The tour is led by Kath George, who has met some of the former residents, as have Wollaton's colleagues both still in the service and those long gone.
Wollaton Hall is a beautiful Elizabethan House, built by Sir Francis Willoughby in collaboration with the architect Robert Smithson and completed in 1588. The name of the family changed over the centuries, but the hall remained in the ownership of the bloodline until 1926 when death duties forced its sale. Today it is noted as one of the most haunted buildings in Nottinghamshire.