The great thing about panto is that it includes songs that go back years. Music stays in the memory. People can join in, sing along and reminisce. This performance is carefully tailored for people with dementia and their families or carers so that everyone can enjoy the wonder of theatre at Nottingham Playhouse in an environment that is comfortable and supportive.
Your ultimate pantomime villain, the Sheriff hatches a wicked plan to get rid of his niece and nephew, the Babes in the Wood, and claim their fortune. It’s down to Robin Hood to save the day and stop the Sheriff with a little help from his Merry Men and Maid Marian.
Enjoy plenty of songs, dance, laughter and sumptuous costumes in our traditional family-friendly panto by Kenneth Alan Taylor.
Come and join in with a festive fix of slapstick comedy, boos and hisses, and all-round silliness – with the addition of good old Nottingham folklore.
We will be working with people living with dementia and their carers to ensure the performance is dementia -friendly.
HERE ARE SOME OF THE WAYS THIS PERFORMANCE IS DEMENTIA FRIENDLY:
• The volume of music will be reduced when dialogue is taking place.
• Changing seats during the performance is fine and so is leaving the performance and re-entering.
• This is not a schools performance, so the audience will be quieter.
• There will be additional signage with pictures in the foyers.
• There will be a quiet room, before after and during the show.
• There will be more staff on hand to support.
• A very relaxed attitude to moving around the theatre and making noise.
We are happy to answer any questions you may have regarding familiarisation visits, wheelchair access and disabled parking, all you need to do is email [email protected]
Call our Box Office on 0115 941 9419 for more details on Dementia-Friendly Performances.
An extra £1 charge will be added to your order if you would like your tickets posted to you.