LeftLion loves Nottingham music
In case you didn't know, we have a bi-monthly newspaper with a circulation of 40,000, a constantly updated website, plus regular podcasts - and we'd like to get you involved in them. Read the on if you want in on the only media outlet in Nottingham worth the steam off your wazz...
TO GET FEATURED BY LEFTLION, YOU NEED TO BE A NOTTS BAND OR ARTIST. THAT MEANS:
- You're from Notts
- Or you are based in Notts.
- Or you are studying in Notts.
- Or you are on a Notts-based record label.
- Or you have some obvious link to the Nottingham music scene
If you don’t meet any of those criteria, please don’t send anything to us. We can’t do nowt for you, duck.
GET YOUR MUSIC VIDEOS MORE YOUTUBE VIEWS BY WORKING WITH US
Have you made a music video you are really proud of, but no one has watched it? Let LeftLion premier your latest music video creation and we will feature it on our website, plug it across our social networks and shout about it in our newsletter, giving you and your music maximum exposure. We put a new music video up every Saturday morning. What we need from you is:
- Exclusive rights to host the video at least one week before anyone else
- The YouTube or Vimeo URL of the video
- JPEG image of your act
- Full credits - band members and what they do, names of any crew that might have worked on it...
- Relevant links to your music and website
Music reviews in LeftLion Magazine
HOW TO GET YOUR MUSIC REVIEWED
Every issue of our magazine has a page devoted to music review, and we put twelve Notts reviews in every issue. No other city's music gets a look in because there's too much talent right where we stand. All music that we review in the magazine get put online and also get played on our Sound of the Lion podcast. Be warned, we always get sent more than twelve so we can't guarantee everyone a review. But if you slot into the following criteria, then send us your tunes for consideration.
- You're a Notts band or artist
- You've got something recent that's more than just one song (i.e. 7", EP or LP)
- It's available for people to get hold of online or at gigs
- It's good
There are three ways to get your product to us:
By email - send your stuff to firstname.lastname@example.org. It helps loads if it's bundled up as a Zip or WinRAR file. And if it's too damn big for emailing, get it too us via one of the many file sharing services avaul - it's well easy.
Bandcamp or Soundcloud - If you release is on either Bandcamp or Soundcloud, easy, just email us the link.
By mail - Snail mail still works, post it to Reviews, LeftLion, The Corner, 8 Stoney Street, Nottingham, NG1 1LH. And remember to stick the right postage on it.
HOW TO INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF GETTING YOUR MUSIC REVIEWED
Because we all do LeftLion as a labour of love in our spare time, we’d really appreciate it if you could make our lives as easy as possible. So we’d also like the following:
- An image of the cover, or a band pic (jpegs are perfectly adequate so long as they're bigger than 300 x 300 pixels)
- The release date, if it's not out yet
- Any info about the band you wish to pass on
- A link to your website, or your blog, or your Facebook page
- Info on any forthcoming gigs in Nottingham
- And - most importantly - how our readers can get hold of your music. Online? At gigs? Even - gasp - in a real life shop?
We've also got some podcasts on the go and they all have a strict all-Notts policy - and we'd love you to bung is your tunes. Here's the details:
Poddingham: an interview show that plays and eclectic selection of tunes. If you're a bit more chilled-out and laid-back, this is where you need to send your stuff. email@example.com
Nusic: New music from the grand county of Nottinghamshire. They're not fussy, all genres welcome. firstname.lastname@example.org
It's easy: go to www.leftlion.co.uk/add, fill in the relevant details, and not only will it be part of Nottingham's best online listings section, there's a good chance of it getting in the magazine's listing section as well.
Ta very much,