All advertisements are accepted subject to the standard conditions of insertion detailed below:
- In these terms (a) "Publisher" means LeftLion Ltd, publisher of ‘LeftLion Magazine’ in which the advertisement is to appear in print and/or online on the associated website: leftlion.co.uk.
(b) "Buyer" means the person placing the order to insert the advertisement, whether such person be the advertiser of the product or service (the "Advertiser") or the Advertiser's advertising agency or media buyer.
- The Buyer warrants that: (a) the publication of the advertisement by the Publisher as originally submitted or as amended will not breach any contract or infringe or violate any copyright, trademark or any other personal or proprietary right of any person or render the Publisher liable to any proceedings whatsoever;
(b) all advertising copy submitted to the Publisher is legal, decent, honest and truthful and complies with the British Code of Advertising Practice and all other relevant codes under the general supervision of the Advertising Standards Authority.
- The Publisher may refuse or require to be amended any artwork, materials and copy so as (i) to comply with the legal or moral obligations placed on the Publisher or the Buyer or the Advertiser; or (ii) to avoid infringing a third party’s rights, the British Code of Advertising Practice and all other codes under the general supervision of the Advertising Standards Authority or the production and quality specifications stipulated or referred to in the media pack.
- The Publisher has the right at its discretion to decline to publish, or to omit, suspend or change the position of, any advertisement otherwise accepted for insertion. However, the Publisher will use reasonable efforts to comply with the wishes of the Buyer although it does not warrant the date of insertion, the wording, or the quality of the colour or mono reproduction of the advertisement.
- Where the Buyer is the Advertiser’s advertising agency, the Buyer warrants that it is authorised by the Advertiser to place the advertisement with the Publisher and the Buyer will indemnify the Publisher against any claim made by the Advertiser against the Publisher arising from the publication thereof.
- The Publisher shall have the right to change its scale of advertisement rates, technical specification, magazine specification and/or mechanical details at any time and shall be entitled to vary or apply differing rates, specification or details commensurate with the format of the magazine. Save as provided for herein the contract which incorporates these terms and conditions does not create any right enforceable by any person not a party to it.
- The Publisher shall not be bound by a stop order or cancellation or transfer of the advertisement unless it meets the requirements specified in the cancellation agreement, and any such instruction otherwise than prior to the deadline therefore shall not (even though it be followed by the Publisher) affect the Buyer’s liability for payment for the advertisement. The Publisher may treat as a cancellation the fact that the Buyer is deemed unable to pay its debts within the meaning of section 123 of the Insolvency Act 1986 or is otherwise in breach of any of these conditions.
- In the absence of any other specific arrangement between the Publisher and the Buyer, payment in respect of the advertisement is due in advance of publication except where the Publisher has agreed to allow credit to the Buyer, in which case the due time for payment shall be no later than 21 days after the date of publication.
- Payment shall mean the receipt by the Publisher of cash or a cheque or at its bank of moneys transferred electronically or through the clearing banks’ giro credit system. The Publisher reserves to itself a right to recharge the Buyer any charges it incurs resulting from the Buyers chosen method of payment.
12. Although the Publisher makes every effort to render invoices in the ordinary course, payment for the advertisement shall be made as aforesaid whether or not the Buyer shall have (i) received the Publisher’s invoice or (ii) provided the Publisher with an order number at the time the advertisement was booked.