1. We all love a good burger from Annie’s Burger Shack. But which British comedian has a burger named after him
a) Jimmy Carr
b) Harry Hill
c) Russell Brand
d) Johnny Vegas
2. What are the names of the two lion statues Joseph Else sculpted for the Market Square?
a) Hector and Achilles
b) Agamemnon and Menelaus
c) Priam and Ajax
d) Patroclus and Paris
3. What year was LeftLion established?
4. What did PETA once campaign to get Nottingham to change its name to?
5. Nottingham is famously the birthplace of HP Sauce. But who invented it?
a) Frederick Gibson Garton
b) Frank Garsworth Gibley
c) Alan No Shoes Gilby
d) Francis Garfield Gamlin
6. What was legendary Nottingham Forest manager Brian Clough’s middle name?
7. Who once said that “Nottingham is a county there to fill the spaces up”?
a) Katie Hopkins
b) Jeremy Clarkson
c) Margaret Thatcher
d) Jacob Rees-Mogg
8. In which year was Sir Paul Smith knighted?
9. What is Nottingham known as in modern Welsh?
a) Cwis diflas
b) Yr ateb yw c
c) Y Ty Ogofog
d) Noswaith dda
10. Which of these acts never played at Rock City?
a) Ozzy Osbourne
c) Johnny Cash
d) Public Enemy
11. Nottingham Playhouse is home to the famous Sky Mirror sculpture. Which artist created it?
a) Anish Kapoor
b) Lynn Chadwick
c) Phillip King
d) Phyllida Barlow
12. Which Quentin Tarantino film had its UK premiere at Broadway Cinema?
a) Jackie Brown
b) Reservoir Dogs
c) Kill Bill: Volume I
d) Django Unchained
13. Which famous comedy duo spent a Christmas in Nottingham in 1953?
a) Bing Crosby and Bob Hope
b) Jay and Silent Bob
c) Morecambe and Wise
d) Laurel and Hardy
14. Which Sneinton man founded the Salvation Army in 1865?
a) Wallace Bryce
b) Walter Barnes
c) William Booth
d) Wesley Bolt
15. Which of these is not a song by Sleaford Mods?
a) I Missed My Bus
b) Tweet Tweet Tweet
c) Tied Up in Nottz
d) No One’s Bothered
16. Which visitor attraction is purportedly built on Nottingham’s oldest site?
a) The New Art Exchange
b) Nottingham Contemporary
c) National Justice Museum
d) Green’s Windmill
17. Nadia Whittome became the youngest MP elected during the last general election when she won the seat for Nottingham East. In what year was she born?
18. In 1876, a 12,500-year-old rib fragment was found in the Robin Hood Cave at Creswell Crags. The head of which animal was carved into it?
a) Woolly mammoth
19. Which food did Marshal Tallard introduce to Britain during his imprisonment in Nottingham?
20. In 2011, Nottinghamshire Police received reports of 34 ghosts, 46 witches and 3 UFOs over the previous six years. What did they all turn out to be?
c) Chinese lanterns
d) 34 ghosts, 46 witches and 3 UFOs
1. (d) 2. (b) 3. (a) 4. (b) 5. (a) 6. (d) 7. (b) 8. (b) 9. (c) 10. (c) 11. (a) 12. (b) 13. (d) 14. (c) 15. (a) 16. (b) 17. (c) 18. (d) 19. (a) 20. (c)
How did you do?
0-4 – You’re from Derby and you shouldn’t be reading this magazine.
5-9 – You’re a student and haven’t lived here that long. No shame in that.
10-13 – You know your way around the City Centre, but that’s about it.
14-17 – You’re Notts through-and-through. Not too bad at all.
18-20 – Your Notts knowledge is scary, and you should probably be running this magazine.