1. In Disney’s animated version of Robin Hood (1973) Friar Tuck is portrayed as which animal?
2. Which famous scientist gave a lecture at Nottingham University College on 6 June 1930
a) Nikola Tesla
b) Marie Curie
c) Edwin Hubble
d) Albert Einstein
3. Which World Cup-winning All Blacks legend spent a month playing for Nottingham Rugby Club in 2010?
a) Ali Williams
b) Cory Jane
c) Ma’a Nonu
d) Owen Franks
4. In which year was the first Goose Fair recorded?
5. Why did some of the 508th Infantry Regiment get in trouble while stationed on the grounds of Wollaton Hall during World War II?
a) They replaced the Union Jack with an American flag
b) They shot and ate several deer
c) They used some of the statues for target practice
d) They started a fire with books from the Hall’s library
6. Who played Arthur Seaton in David Brett’s stage adaptation of Alan Sillitoe’s Saturday Night and Sunday Morning at the Nottingham Playhouse in 1964?
a) Patrick Stewart
b) Albert Finney
c) Richard Harris
d) Ian McKellen
7. Which of the following did not play for both Nottingham Forest and rivals Derby County?
a) Nigel Clough
b) Kris Commons
c) Colin Todd
d) Kenny Burns
8. Who was the first band to perform at the City Ground in 2005?
c) The White Stripes
9. Not including the lounge, how many screens does Broadway Cinema have?
10. What did William Byron do to achieve the nickname ‘The Wicked Lord’?
a) Shoot his coachman over a dispute
b) Kill his cousin during a duel
c) Built two forts on his property to stage mock battles with real cannon
d) All of the above
11. Which Italian football club was founded by Notts-born Herbert Kilpin?
a) Inter Milan
b) AC Milan
12. Snowball, the world’s oldest guinea pig, died in Nottingham in 1979. How old was he?
a) 5 years and 3 months
b) 8 years and 7 months
c) 14 years and 10 months
d) 19 years and 2 months
13. Which Dr. Who actor was formerly a member of Nottingham Forest’s youth academy?
a) Bradley Walsh
b) David Tennant
c) Matt Smith
d) Christopher Eccleston
14. What film gained actress Samantha Morton an Oscar nomination for Best Supporting Actress?
a) Minority Report
c) Elizabeth: The Golden Age
d) Sweet and Lowdown
15. Which of these is not a brand of Raleigh bike?
16. What is Jake Bugg’s real name?
a) Jacob Bugsworth
b) Jake Edwin Charles Kennedy
c) Jack Michael Barnes
d) Jonathan Mitchell Bugg
17. The National Justice Museum has one of the shirts worn by Reggie Kray while he was in prison. Who gave him the shirt as a gift?
a) His brother Ronnie
b) Buzz Aldrin
c) Martin Kemp
d) Henry Cooper
18. Which British landmark is purportedly named after legendary Nottingham boxer Benjamin Caunt?
a) Caunt Bridge
b) Big Ben
c) Ben Nevis
d) Caunt Beacons
19. Which of the following cities is not twinned with Nottingham?
a) Ningbo, China
b) Harare, Zimbabwe
c) Byron Bay, Australia
d) Karlsruhe, Germany
20. Sutton-in-Ashfield’s town centre is home to Europe’s largest…
1. (b) 2. (d) 3. (a) 4. (b) 5. (b) 6. (d) 7. (a) 8. (d) 9. (b) 10. (d) 11. (b) 12. (c) 13. (c) 14. (d) 15. (c) 16. (b) 17. (b) 18. (b) 19. (c) 20. (c)
How did you do?
0-4 – You’re at the wrong end of the A52, duck. Get yourself to Derby where you belong.
5-9 – Technically you’re from Notts, but you should be bleddy ashamed of yourself.
10-13 – Fair enough. You’ve not done too badly, but it’s nowt to brag about.
14-17 – ‘Ark at you - you’re one of our own. Proper Notts, that’s what we like to see.
18-20 – Don’t go getting a big ‘ed, but no-one knows Notts like you. Hold on, let’s check your Google histreh...