Equation is an independent, award-winning charity.
Since 1989 Equation has worked to prevent and reduce the significant harm caused by domestic abuse, primarily in Nottinghamshire. In 2013-14, Equation worked with nearly 9,000 local people – professionals, young people, and survivors - to help eradicate this awful crime.
- We address underlying causes of abuse through prevention work with young people.
- We campaign to change public attitudes about gender and relationships.
- We equip communities with the tools to minimise the dangers posed by domestic abuse, through delivering expert training to professionals on how to respond effectively.
- We enable survivors to reach help by promoting information about support services.
- We provide direct practical support to men experiencing abuse.
We strive to build a society in which everyone enjoys equal, healthy relationships.