This building was in use as a station from 1876 to 1960 and included the station master's house, waiting rooms, a ticket office and goods storage areas. Its history was tied up heavily with that of Gedling Colliery. On eventually closing to passengers and then to goods traffic the station building was donated to the local community for use as a Youth Club and a gym was added. After the Youth Club closed in 2012 the building underwent several other usages, but it has now been vacant for some years. Its future is uncertain.
The site is owned by Gedling & District Youth Club.
The Friends of Gedling Station (FoGS) hope to save the building.